Dominican RepublicAvailable Trip Dates: June 12-20, 2020
Thank you for your interest in joining Helping Hands International on our next service project to the Dominican Republic! Below is an overview of the trip, including important information like costs, dates, and a detailed list of activities. Please contact us if you have any questions!
Where are we going?
Santo Domingo! This is the capital and largest city in the Dominican Republic and the largest metropolitan area in the Caribbean by population. Helping Hands International typically stays at a local YWAM base and participates in outreach activities like: food distribution, street witnessing, and house building activities.
How to Register
Click here for the three step Trip Registration process!
Please note, the completed online application and deposit are due three months prior to departure and the final payment is due one month prior to departure.
Cost $TBD per person, excluding airfare
Available Trip Dates
June 12, 2020-June 20, 2020
Overview of Service Opportunities/Activities
- Outreach – We primarily engage in food distribution, street witnessing and building houses.
Day 1: Travel
Day 2: Outreach Activities
Day 3: Outreach Activities
Day 4: Outreach Activities
Day 5: Outreach Activities
Day 6: Travel
Lodging and Food
- We typically stay at a local YWAM facility in Santo Domingo, which provides lodging and food.
Items to Bring
- Bedding: sleeping bag, pillow, fitted sheet, alarm clock and ear plugs (if a light sleeper) etc.
- Bath: bath towel, soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste, personal items, flip flops for shower etc.
- Cloths: work clothes, one nice (not dressy) outfit for church, jacket and/or sweater (cold at night), work gloves, bandanna or hat, swimsuit (modest please; no bikinis) etc.
- Shoes: tennis or work shoes are preferred (e.g. no bare feet at any time) etc.
- Other: baby wipes, beach towel, camera, flashlight, hand sanitizer, sunscreen and water bottle etc.
- No undergarments showing at any time
- Dresses/skirts for outreach should be mid-calf to ankle
- No tank tops, low-cut, scoop neck or tight fitting shirts (e.g. no showing bellies) for the girls; sleeveless is ok
- Men cannot take off their shirts, except on the beach day
- Swimsuits can include tankinis but no bikinis
Health & Vaccination Requirements
Please click here for vaccination requirements and/or recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We also suggest you check with your personal health clinic or physician regarding what vaccines or medicines you may require while participating on this service project. Please note, if you do take prescription medicines, please check with your local pharmacist to ensure the medicines are not considered a controlled substance in the location you are traveling.
Get in Touch
Have general questions or comments you would like to share with Helping Hands International Staff? Simply complete this form and an HHI member will contact you shortly!