Guadalajara, MexicoAvailable Trip Dates: We are currently waiting for the Travel Advisory Level to improve in this area and will post trip dates when available.
Where are we going?
Guadalajara, Mexico! The primary purpose of this trip is to share the love of Jesus with the children at the local Orphanage and give the Directors at the base a much deserved break. Helping Hands International has been serving this location for over 15 years, thanks to long standing relationships with the Founder of the Orphanage and existing Directors, Henry and Martha!
How to Register
Click here for the three step Trip Registration process!
Please note, the completed online application and deposit are due three months prior to departure and the final payment is due one month prior to departure.
Cost $400 per person, excluding airfare
Available Trip Dates
- We are currently waiting for Guadalajara’s Travel Advisory Level to improve. According to the United States Department of State, the State of Jalisco has a level 3 “Reconsider” travel status. Until the latter changes, or Helping Hands International Leadership deems the travel safe, this trip will be put on hold.
Overview of Service Opportunities/Activities
- Support Staff – One of the primary reasons we serve at this local orphanage is to strengthen relationships with the children and provide the leaders (who are serving 24 hours a day 7 days a week) a period of much needed rest and relaxation.
- Outreach to Children — Activities with children typically include playing games, doing crafts and showing the love Jesus through our actions.
- Fellowship — We typically take the children to an outdoor activity like the zoo, roller skating, the movies etc.
Below is a basic schedule for the week, but we approach this with flexibility because our ultimate focus is on relationships
Your team leader will lead a time of debriefing and a short devotional in the evening and it is always a great addition to have musical worship. Our programming does not include musical worship as we can’t guarantee that our our staff will have this ability. Please let us know if you have anyone who sings or plays guitar on your trip so that we can help to coordinate the musical aspect of worship when able. If teams aren’t able to help in the area of music, it may not be a part of the trip.
AVERAGE DAILY SCHEDULE
Day 1: Travel Day – Meet at Medford airport (a.m.) and arrive in Guadalajara in the late afternoon. Check-in to hotel, relax and have dinner at the Orphanage.
Day 2: Church and spend the day with children.
Day 3: Outdoor activity with the children.
Day 4: Fellowship with the children while Directors Henry and Martha take time off. Begin local service project.
Day 5: Outdoor activity with the children.
Day 6: Complete service project.
Day 7: Possible outreach to neighborhood and last dinner with children.
Day 8: Depart from local airport and return back to Oregon.
Lodging and Food
- Lodging is typically at the Orphanage or at a local hotel, depending on availability. If staying at the Orphanage, please do not forget your pillow.
- All meals are covered by the trip fee and typically are prepared at the facility.
Items to Bring
- Bedding: Sleeping bag, pillow, fitted sheet, alarm clock and ear plugs (if a light sleeper) etc.
- Bath: Bath towel, soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste, personal items, flip flops for shower etc.
- Cloths: Work clothes, one nice (not dressy) outfit for church, jacket and/or sweater (cold at night), work gloves, bandanna or hat, swimsuit (modest please; no bikinis) etc.
- Other: baby wipes, beach towel, camera, flashlight, hand sanitizer, sunscreen and water bottle etc.
Health & Vaccination Requirements
Get in Touch
Have general questions or comments you would like to share with Helping Hands International Staff? Simply complete this form and an HHI member will contact you shortly!